Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stuck.

Lucy's life was boring. It wasn't that nothing happened. Because it did.
She woke up every day at 6. She went to school every day at 7.
She did her homework after school every day until 6.
She had dinner after homework, watched t.v. for a few hours, then went to bed.
Life repeated the next day. Always the same. It wasn't horrible.
But it never changed. It was stuck. In a cycle that couldn't be broken.
Sure, she could skip doing her homework, but what would that do?
Give her bad grades? She could miss school. Which would also ruin her grades.
Lucy wasn't really known at school. She was quiet.
Even though she had so much to say, she wasn't known as the type that would speak out.
And she found out soon enough that you can't really change a reputation.
Especially after being stuck in the same place for your whole life.
She didn't play sports. She was good at them, she just wasn't known as the type that would.
But everything changed that one day in October.
Lucy was told by her parents that they were moving.
Far away from the place she had lived her whole entire life.

Questions:
Will Lucy become someone different?
What will moving do to her?
Does Lucy have anything to lose?

4 comments:

  1. I really like your whole story. I can relate soo much.
    I like the sudden change, maybe she will be someone different, but who knows, if she's been stuck in the same place for so long, it'll be hard to change.
    great story, made me think, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you said that you can't change your reputation. I feel like a lot of stories are all about how things can change but you put it bluntly that it can't, which was kind of different. And I liked the question "Does Lucy have anything to lose?" That's a good question for everybody, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving to a new place is a great change but the question is will she actually take advantage of it. I have moved a lot and can't say I ever took advantage of moving. The choice to be someone new and different. Sometimes I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this post, it was very relate-able and just goes to show how you can either take the good or the bad from a situation. Thanks Louise!

    ReplyDelete