Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Keep Forgetting.

I keep forgetting to clean my room.
No matter how many times I am told.
It is much like doing my homework, or anything else I don't feel like doing. I avoid it.
But I will get it done sometime. On my own terms. 
Although it has never happened before.
I continue hoping one day it will. One day I will have enough time to do everything I don't want to do. 
After I do everything I want to of course.
I am sick of being bossed around to do something that is not important to me.
When will I be able to make my own decisions?
When will I own myself?
Maybe when I turn eighteen. Or move away to college. But who knows.
I am sorry I cannot be perfect. I am sorry I continually procrastinate. And never get good enough grades because I do not try hard enough.
One day, I will get it all done. One day I will clean my room. But not today, I am sorry.
I will ignore the askings once again. And it will stay a mess.
Because that is the way I like it.
And I am sorry, but tonight is not the last time you will see the light. On past two in the morning.
Because I like being up that early. Doing things I should have done earlier.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the tone of this. The kind of suck-it-up-this-is-the-way-i-like-it tone. "Because I like being up that early." Your lines that are really simple are always the ones that seem to get to me.

    ReplyDelete